Friday, May 27, 2005

Our First Overnighter

Today we're all heading to Kevin's dad and step mom's place. Kemper gets to meet some of the other side of his family tomorrow at a meet'n'greet shower. I thought that I packed a lot when it was just Kevin, Corson (our dog) and myself. Well! Let me just say that since Kemper's come along, Corson doesn't really get to come on road trips anymore! Despite having a four door vehicle (mind you it is a Civic), we just seem to pack it full with everything baby! Corson gets to stay at Nana & Papa's in Penetang this weekend, he really likes it there..... they still let him sleep on their bed....

I decided to start packing this morning as soon as I got up so we could leave as soon as Kevin was ready after work. So I have a pack of diapers in the trunk from our shopping trip yesterday, makes it easier than packing some in a bag, a large diaper bag filled with stuff for baths, blankets and receiving blankets.... Kemper is a wee puker! Then ofcourse we need sleepers, and onesies, and pants, and sweaters, and shortsies, and his cute little overalls, and bibs, and hats, and of course the kitchen sink! I'm sure I'll get better at packing, but as for now, I don't really know what I'll need, so PACK EVERYTHING! Now, this trip we are staying in a house, with heat, and a crib for Kemper, and a wee bathtub, etc.... I think my plans of camping later this summer might be shot! (That is unless we get a bigger vehicle!!!! *L*)

Kevin will be continuing on to the cottage tomorrow, so I packed him some stuff in a back pack... and for the first time, all of my stuff fits in our smallest suit case! I guess this is how it will be from here on in! Who would've thought that *I* would sacrafice some (most) of the trunk space for someone else.... mind you, that someone else is the most perfect little man in the whole wide world!

We're grateful everyday for our little "Superman"!

1 comment:

karla said...

hmmm....i don't know...
I think I'd have to buy a Hummer instead of sarcrificing my suitcase room in the trunk. (Ok..the hummer is just a fantasy...minivan just doesn't scream hip parents to me).

Reality Check..we would have to live with our two door sunfire because big car payments and baby just don't mix.