Friday, January 27, 2006

Daddy's First Over Nighter.... alone.

Went well. Very well.

I was able to leave in the afternoon, totally confident that my men would be alright. I can honestly say that I wasn't worried at all. I don't know if that makes me a bad mom, or makes Kevin a good dad. I think it's the latter.

Bon Jovi kicked some serious butt. If it wasn't "the" best it was definitly one of "the" best shows I've seen, but that's a different story, for a different blog.

This was the first time that I was away, by myself, for more that a few hours. It was great, and I had a wicked good time with Debbie and Sandra. It was when I first woke up in the morning that I really started missing them... all of them. Kemper, Kevin and Corson too. I didn't rush home though. I hung around with my ma-in-law for a few hours and didn't leave to come home until around 12:30. By the time I stopped at Walmart to make my weekly deposit, and made the journey home it was almost 3 O'clock. The first thing I see is my sweet little man's face, greeting me with a great big smile. My men had a great night and day without me. I'll tell you, it makes having to go back to work and do the midnight shift much easier when you know that everything will be okay.

I'm not overly excited about going back to work, but I've accepted it now. Only a little over a month left.....

Here's one of Kemper's newest tricks, I'm sure you'll get as much of a kick out of it as we did!


3 comments:

Fibreaddict said...

That is awesome. I am JEALOUS! I saw them a loooong time ago in Calgary and was choked that their only date was in Toronto.

good on you for having a night away!

Tee/Tracy said...

AWWWH! That is so cute!!

That's also so great that you got a night away! Glad you enjoyed it :)

NegZero said...

Sounds like fun.. Other than the whole "Bon Jovi" piece.

Take it easy Mandi...
P.S. 17 days to go...