Friday, June 24, 2005

49 years old, and still beautiful!

The 49 year old I'm talking about is the Christening gown that my son will be wearing this weekend when he is Baptised. When Kevin and I were married in the Catholic Church we decided that our children would be baptised Catholic. Kevin was baptised United. I was baptised Catholic and I went to a Catholic elementary school, but lost touch with my Faith when I went to highschool. I knew there was a God, but I just didn't agree with some of the things that "Good Catholics" were supposed to be about. I don't think you're neccessarily a "good Catholic" just because you go to church every week, especially if you talk about other people and are just not a nice person. I don't go to church every week. I don't even pray every day, but I know that when I need him, and always, God is watching out for me. I want these beliefs instilled in our son. God forgives our sins, but we should do our best to be a kind and considerate to eachother.

After the Christening I will post some pics of Kemper as well as myself (26 years ago!!) in the gown.

No comments: