Monday, August 11, 2008

Choose Your Words

I never quite lost all of the baby weight after having Kemper. It could have something to do with adding an extra 65 (yeah, I said sixty FIVE) pounds to my 5'4" frame. It was quite embarrassing at the time, and I know it was all my own doing.

That is why this time, I've committed to myself to have a healthier pregnancy. I'm not going to deny myself the odd extra yummy, but I'm definitely being more cautious of what gets through the trap this time.

"They" say that weight gain, and growth happens quicker with subsequent pregnancies, but I didn't really document my weight gain weekly, or even monthly with Kemp, I just kept thinking, "Holy shit! I weigh what?" I know that I have been on a better pace with the poundage this time, and in turn feel better about the belly.

I've never been a small girl. Battled with weight as long as I can remember... (actually, I think that the battle was with food, not weight!) I don't ever remember being comfortable in my skin, until just recently. It was before I got pregnant this time, and I came to the realization that I'm never going to be 120 lbs (unrealistic for me), and that I'm a mother and wife, and on the upside of average. I could never find my size in stores, so that must have meant I was average! Right?

So why, when I am feeling quite good about my pregnant growing belly, does someone who doesn't really know me, or matter all that much to me, saying something as simple as, "You're due in December? WOW! You're big! You're going to be HUGE!" bother me so much?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do i need to come to penatang and come and kick some ass?????

Sandra

Anonymous said...

people are stupid Mandi...don't listen to them. Give that belly a pat for me!

Erin VK

Anonymous said...

& because people are stupid! The ones that matter think you're absolutely beautiful!!!!
M.I.L.