Friday, November 04, 2005

7 Months


Kemper will eat almost anything!



"ROAR"



"What's that I see?"


Can you believe that it has already been seven amazing months since Kemper blessed our lives? The old saying of "time flies when you're having fun" is ringing so true. Lately, Kemper and I have been enjoying daily walks to take in the crisp fall air. He loves looking at the trees, and he gets a kick out of passers by telling him how cute, or handsome he is. I'm sure he's thinking, "I know!"

A few new things this month, and two of them are teeth. He cut his first tooth on his 6 month birthday and his second two weeks later. He had some days where he was obviously uncomfortable, but it was nothing terrible. *listen to me, it's like I know what he's feeling in his mouth* He started getting rice rusk cookies/ crackers, and he thinks he's the man, feeding himself. We have been having some difficulty around feeding time. He seems to cry through most, if not all, of his sit down meals. I'm sure now that he's just tired of the rice cereal, so I've cut that down and given more veggies, but you would swear that we didn't feed the poor child the way he carries on. He still loves his bottles. He grunt's like a little animal when he sees them, and they best be top priority to the mama if she's got one in his sight.

He still cries at Neptune. A lot. But, very rarely, have we given in. It feels mean at the time, but I'm not about to rock a 6 year-old to sleep. At night, his bedtime runs very smoothly. He loves his bath, and has recently started to fuss when you take him out, maybe trying to tell us, "Hey, I'm not DONE yet!"

Despite my obsessive and compulsive hand washing the past month or so, Kemp man still managed to pick up a cold. It's really nothing serious as of yet. Just a little cough, which we didn't know was real for the first day because he "fakes" so often. He thinks it's pretty neat that he can make the *cough cough* sound and mommy or daddy will say, "My, that's a terrible cough you have!" He's been a little sleepier the past couple of days, and that's either the cold, or another growth spurt.

Kemper and Daddy time is going quite well. I feel so much more comfortable leaving the pair of them alone now. I think my only nervousness before was that I was the milk maker. He wasn't used to a bottle before, so I felt bad leaving Kevin with a babe that may, or may not, take the food he was offering.

The Christmas season is quickly approaching, and daddy and I have got our elves working tirelessly to make Kemper's first Christmas a wonderful one. Taking shifts at the store will really help make Santa's job an easier one. I'm working 3 shifts this week... short ones, but I'm still with out the wee man for 3 shifts! I guess it will ease me back into the work force.

Well, we're off to enjoy some of this beautiful fall day that has been sent our way!

5 comments:

NegZero said...

Wow, he sure is getting BIG!!! And yes, Erin is doing great... Getting big! he he... Don't worry about the cold, it'll just help build up that little immune system, even if the goopy nose isn't too much fun! Take it easy Mandi, hope we get to see you guys soon!.. Gees, haven't seen Kevin since your WEDDING!

Veronika said...

I'm so glad you updated! I was getting worried about you. Wow, Kemper is cuter than before!

Tammy Williams said...

He is a cute baby! You should be proud! I hope my baby (in the future) ends up being that cute.

Mandi said...

Luke- I know, I know... it's terrible, isn't it?

veronika- that's so sweet! Everything is all well here, just a little less time to sit and play!

Tammy & Jeremy- Thanks! We are sooo proud! How far "in the future" are we talking? ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello Mamma Mandi

Where is the updated pictures and comments I look forward to weekly updates on the boy.