Monday, August 15, 2005

We're having so much fun!

Now, it has been quite a while since I have posted. Call it laziness I guess.

There have been so many changes in the little man lately. I've started him on rice cereal and he seems to have gotten the hang of the whole eating thing. It's really amusing to watch him eat. His chubby little cheeks squishing out cereal down his chin! Mama's little sweetie pie. He's holding himself up on his arms now, and he thinks he's pretty darn smart.... so do I!

Kemper just rolled from his belly to back yesterday for the first time. We're so proud of him, but we just can't believe how quickly the time has gone by.

Kevin and I have promised that we will not ever say "I can't wait" with Kemper. More or less, we want to enjoy every moment we have with him. We don't want to rush to the next stage!

I think Kemper might be teething.... he just seems out of sorts. We would certainly never label him as a crier, but this past week, he's cried much more than normal. I suppose it could have something to do with the lack of pooping as well. Kemper used to poop like 5 or 6 times a day.... at about three months he slowed down to once a day and the last couple of weeks he's been skipping a few days at a time. Apparently it's normal in breastfed babies, but I think I'll make a doctors appointment this week. I didn't start food until about a week after his new BM schedule, so I'l have to talk to the doc about this too. He still spends most of his day happy and himself, but he has moments....

I've finally committed to a routine of excercise for myself. I gained a whopping 65 pounds while I was pregnant, and I still have 15 to lose. My best friend Jen and I have committed to walking every night. Walking with Jen is great because she's a fast walker. Kevin's a pretty quick walker too, but because he play's ball a couple of times a week isn't able to walk every night with me. And frankly, I don't know if he'd want to walk as far and as much and Jen and I are. Kemper and Corson, our pooch, both seem to be enjoying the walks as much as their mom is!

I just found out from my old partner at work that our position (shipper/receiver) may be switching to 3 shifts at work. I sure hope we don't. I worked shift work for a brief period of time when I started there, and I hated it. I can't even imagine it now, with having a baby. *sighs* I'm not really sure what I plan on doing now. Ideally, I would love to work from home, but I'll have to find something that I'll enjoy doing with a significant income. I like spending money way too much to not have any of it. I'm sure I'll be able to adjust to working shift work.... or will I?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer, we sure are!

No comments: